Happy new year lover! Hope your new year is off to a bomb start. If not, there’s always the next day and the next day after to try all over – God willing. Don’t put so much pressure on yourself because the new year didn’t start off the way you hoped. Chapter one ain’t over yet. I unfortunately started twenty eighteen off getting over the flu (yeah yikes). But just maybe it was God’s way of forcing me to rest for all the great things to come and that’s in store for me this year (looking on the brighter side). One can dream.
With a new year comes new goal setting for those lifestyle changes, improvements and growth. And what better way to grow than to read self empowerment books to help you accomplish those goals, enhance your confidence and be a gateway to more knowledge. Who doesn’t want more
knowledge and wisdom (waving my hands in the air)?! Reading is a lifestyle that you may want to adopt to your life if you haven’t already.
And did you know that the most successful entrepreneurs and innovators read at least 50 or more pages a day. Crediting reading as the most essential way to be successful, improve your life and become more knowledgeable.
So there was the cutest yellow room I stumbled across while attending an event at the Viceroy in Santa Monica, California that had the most stylish and modern library wall shelf making me feel like I was in book heaven. I think the room is yellow because the color is known to stimulate mental activity, generates muscle energy and has a healing power so it’s no wonder the hotel chose the color for this room. At least that’s what I’m guessin after researching the meaning of the color yellow because I was curious about the color of choice. But either way, the set up is so cute and it was definitely worth the fun photo op you see featured in this post.
What I Wore
Denim/Chambray top Ross Dress for Less (similar)
Faux leather skirt GS Love
Lace up peep toe booties GS Love (similar)
Wood Watch Jord
Statement Necklace Stella and Dot
While we’re on the subject of books, reading, cute book shelves and yellow rooms with a library, I put together a list of empowering books to read in 2018 to help build all of our libraries and in the process, our wellness (mind, body, spirit, health). These are just some of the books I look forward to reading this year. I hope this list helps knock out some of your reading too.
1) “You Are Equipped: How to Do the Hard Things with Grace, Love & Grit.” by Entrice Rowe
2) “Start Where You Are: A Journal for Self Exploration.” by Meera Lee Patel
3) “The Female Persuasion” by Meg Wolitzer
4) “We’re Going to Need More Wine” by Gabrielle Union
5) “The Woman Code” by Sophia A. Nelson
6) “I Am That Girl” by Alexis Jones
7) “You Are a Badass : How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life.” by Jen Sincero
8) “The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable about Fulfilling Your Dreams and Reaching Your Destiny.”
9) “Leave Your Mark” by Aliza Light
10) “What Happy Working Mother’s Know” by Cathy L. Greenberg, Ph.D and Barrett S. Arigdor J.D.
11) “Love Incorruptible: A Woman’s Reflective Journey to Freedom” by Jazmin Steele
12) “Consider This My Mixtape” by Janelle Carothers
To be honest – I am especially excited about at least three of these books because they are authored by my dearest girlfriends and confidants (Entrice Rowe, Jazmin Steele and Janelle Carothers). Not only can one dream, but one can be proud.
What books are on your list? Are you interested in any of the books I mentioned in this post? Thanks for checking in with me and this post today. I look forward to learning about the current books you’re reading.